Help provide essential support for our Mission and get involved in the day-to-day life of the Museum by joining us as a volunteer!
Opportunities are available seven days a week at the Museum and even include after-hours events. From greeting and assisting visitors at public programs to leading guided tours for all ages, volunteers perform a broad range of functions across the Museum. Volunteers work alongside and in support of our staff to further our vision to educate and inspire the next generation of American music innovators.
- Volunteers must be 16 years or older to serve
- Volunteers are encouraged to serve a minimum of 10 shifts in a season, August - July in order to receive extra-special Museum perks
- Compassion to deal with subject matter that is not always appealing to everyone
- Open-mindedness and patience to work with a diverse public and staff
- Integrity to represent the Museum and oneself with the highest standards
- Dedication to the Museum’s mission and to the values of the Volunteer program
- Reliability to consistently keep one’s volunteer commitment to the Museum
How do I become a volunteer?
To be considered for a volunteer position, please complete the volunteer application below. The Volunteer Coordinator for the Museum will contact you regarding your application within 5 business days.
How much time is required of volunteers?
While each opportunity is unique, most require a minimum time commitment of 2 hours.
Are volunteers required to attend a training?
Museum policy requires that all volunteers, new and returning, attend an orientation before beginning their work-specific training for the upcoming season. This orientation introduces the volunteer to museum-wide policies and procedures related to volunteering at the Museum. Orientation will be scheduled for early August and may be rescheduled based on need.
All volunteers will be expected to attend training sessions hosted throughout the year in order to stay fresh on our ever-changing exhibits.
What are the benefits of volunteering?
- Help build a better future and give back to your community
- Meet interesting people from all over the world
- Participate in an exciting and dynamic atmosphere
- Receive Museum perks such as complimentary tickets to various events, discounts on merchandise at the Museum, a Museum gift, and an annual recognition event
What are my options for volunteer service?
OPPORTUNITIES TO SERVE:
We offer long-term opportunities from August-July. Service areas include:
- Greeters: Greet visitors, provide directions, introduce the experience, answer general questions regarding the Museum and the community, and hand out brochures and maps.
- Gallery Guides: Greet visitors, answer questions about the exhibits, and provide tours as requested.
- Ushers: Provide basic guest relations, seat guests, and distribute programs for various events.
- Program Promotion: Greet patrons and distribute promotional material on or offsite as requested.
Click HERE to complete the Volunteer Application.
Long-term volunteer applications are accepted year-round. Long-term service begins with an orientation each August.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 662.441.0100.