The GRAMMY Museum seeks to educate and inspire all Museum visitors and Members as to the enduring qualities and cultural significance of popular and classical music. By implementing a variety of innovative educational strategies; by incorporating the advice and needs of scholastic teachers, locally, regionally, and nationally; the GRAMMY Museum offers the most dynamic and exciting educational programs available from music museums today.
Through our exhibits, education programming, and exciting events with musicians and entertainment industry professionals, we are able to bring the power of music to the community, state, and region. Thanks to the support of Education Partners, our students can engage with extraordinary interactive exhibits and be inspired to create and explore new forms of music every day. To learn more, use the links below to discover what the Museum has to offer and how you can support our mission!
Mission & Goals
Use music as a gateway to learning; inspiring and cultivating creativity, critical thinking and self-expression.
- CREATE AN ENHANCED EXPLORATORY EXPERIENCE FOR STUDENTS AND TEACHERS VISITING THE MUSEUM.
- EQUIP K-12 EDUCATORS WITH STRATEGIES AND RESOURCES TO DEMONSTRATE THE POWER OF MUSIC IN THE CLASSROOM.
- EDUCATE YOUTH AND FAMILIES IN WAYS THAT ENCOURAGE AND ENRICH THEIR OWN MUSICAL APPRECIATION AND EXPRESSION.
- PREPARE YOUTH TO PURSUE POST-SECONDARY EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL CAREERS IN THE MUSIC INDUSTRY AND RELATED FIELDS.
- INCREASE ACCESS TO MUSIC PROGRAMS IN UNDERPRIVILEGED COMMUNITIES, EMPOWERING YOUTH TO REACH THEIR FULL CREATIVE POTENTIAL.
- CONTRIBUTE TO AND LEAD THE MOVEMENT TO INCREASE MUSIC EDUCATION IN SCHOOLS AND COMMUNITIES.
Education Partners support a broad range of initiatives at the Museum from special exhibits, educational programming for adults and children, and community events. In return, companies receive exclusive Museum access, brand recognition, and engagement opportunities for employees, clients, and community partners.
To explore these opportunities and more, please contact our Executive Director, Emily Havens at 662.441.0100 or [email protected].
We invite you to immerse your students in a cutting-edge experience complete with interactive exhibits, films, and artifacts. Students will leave inspired to continue learning and will be more aware of how music impacts many aspects of society. In addition to offering students a one-of-a-kind educational experience with tours, workshops and extended programming, we also offer various teacher resources to infuse music into their classroom and to enhance school field trips.
CLICK HERE to learn more.
Music is more than just a hobby and passion for your students. It has the ability to change lives. Students will gain a wealth of knowledge about how music impacts many aspects of society and leave inspired to continue learning. GRAMMY Museum Mississippi offers interactive workshops and programming led by Museum staff and professional music instructors that evoke further exploration and extend learning outcomes for students.
Check out our programs HERE.
Please email [email protected] or call 662.441.0100.