Youth Leadership Council
"Local Youth Working Together to Become Better Leaders"
2021 - 2022 Members
Back Row L to R: Reggie Small, Landon Bryant, Devon Harbin, William Wessel, Holt Fortner, William Havens, John Christopher Cox, Patrick Wessel
Front Row L to R: YLC Leader – Katie Hugley, Rotary President – Lynn Shurden, Neely Anderson, Kate Griffin, Mary Taylor Montesi, Kay Ann Lasker, Amelia Kidd, Gypsy Griffin, Castlin Myers, Homer Sledge IV, Martin Turner, Rotarian – Dr. Myrtis Tabb
Sponsored by the Cleveland Rotary Club, the Youth Leadership Council (YLC) at GRAMMY Museum Mississippi gives students a voice in the Cleveland community. Selected from different high schools in the Cleveland area, YLC members will help spread the word about GRAMMY Museum Mississippi and be an example of how music engages and empowers students. Leadership, public speaking, and event production are just a few of the skills students will gain through their involvement.
- Application is open to all students that will be entering grades 10 & 11
- Students must have their own transportation to and from the Museum
- Students must attend mandatory meetings 1-2 times per month, September-June
- Be present, enthusiastic, respectful and professional
- Communicate and participate
- Attend all YLC meetings and events (1 - 2 meetings per month, September – June)
- Have reliable transportation to and from YLC meetings and events
- Complete 5 event sercice requirements with the Museum by May 31
- Complete a minimum of 5 service hours outside the Museum by April 30
- Interpersonal Skill Building
- Exhibit Design Project
- Event Production
- Community Outreach
- Annual Field Trip
Please email email@example.com or call 662.441.0100.